Hi, fellow readers and writers! Over here in the US, Thanksgiving was yesterday, and I have to say I have a ton of things to be grateful for… like a phenomenal husband I didn’t think I’d ever find, a family who loves and supports me no matter what, and awesome friends who mean the world to me.
But today I want to shift to something a little different… I want to talk about the bookish things I’m grateful for. After all, this is a writing blog!
So here you are: the top ten bookish things I am grateful for this holiday season.
- My passion for story. Nothing makes me happier than a good book… either reading it or writing it!
- My library. That’s right, my husband reserved a room in our house, even before we got married, to designate as my library. It is a home for my books decorated in my style… and also a home for my desk!
- My book collection. I don’t know what it is about looking at my books, either on their shelves or in my hand, but it immediately makes me happy.
- Good books. This one is a given.
- Good bookish friends. Everyone needs someone to gush about their passions with!
- Family that loves to read… and encouraged it as I was growing up! The support of family and the values a family places on things like reading can really shape a person. I’m grateful my family was so passionate about books and learning. It truly created the writer I am today.
- Time to read. As I grow older, I find that more and more I am grateful when I have time to sit down and read. The world gets so busy sometimes, and we take that free time for granted. Being able to sit and read in peace is a blessing.
- The bookish community. I am so grateful that I found both readers and writers online to share with, to talk to, and to encourage and be encouraged.
- A muse of a husband. I can’t express how many times I’ve been stuck on a scene or needed inspiration and he’s been right there with the idea I needed. He’s fixed many a writer’s block!
- All of you. That’s right, I’m grateful for all you readers, too! A book (or blog) is powerless without readers, and I appreciate every single one of you who take the time to read what I say and start a conversation in the comments. I love hearing everything you have to say, and it truly wouldn’t be the same without you!
There you have it! My top ten bookish things I’m grateful for. Hop on down to the comments and let me know some of the bookish things you’re thankful for, big or small! I’d love to hear about the things you treasure. 🙂
Until next week, happy Thanksgiving, and happy reading! ❤